SBC Wk3 Part one- Recounting fond memories through pictures

This week for the Student Blogging Challenge there were multiple tasks we needed to complete. The first one of which was to recount a favourite family memory and include pictures from creative commons or another copyright free search engine or add our own and provide copyright details. Because I don’t have a specific memory that I enjoyed the most I will recount my most recent 3 favourite memories in words and pictures.

March 2015- My Dad’s Birthday

For my Dad’s birthday we went on a one-day road trip to Berrima and stayed 2 nights in the beautiful Seidler house. This was house literally hanging off a cliff into a canyon of forest and endless nature.

Seidler House

View from downstairs living room.

View from downstairs living room.

A family photo in the living room.

A family photo in the living room.

There was a long balcony jutting out from the side of the house and hanging over the green abyss. If you yelled from the balcony your voice would echo across the mountains. Staring out into the valley you received the most breath-taking, mesmerising view.

Mum and I on the balcony.

Mum and I on the balcony.

The view of the mountains that you awoke to in the morning.

The long balcony

The long balcony

Mum and I climbed onto the lower rocks.

DSC_8189 (1)

The beautiful balcony views.

Side view of the balcony and the steps leading down into the pool.

The house itself contained many forms of entertainment. There we bird watching and nature finding books and binoculars to spot mountain goats on the rocky expanses of hill. In the play/living room there was a Wii set and multiple games and movies to entertain us at night. There were about four open furnaces and one night we toasted marshmallows by the fire. There were a million different rooms for you to get lost in and it was difficult not to forget work and school as you took in the hypnotic views and beauty of the house.

Dad in the living room with the furnace.

The dining room behind the furnace.

The dining room behind the furnace.

View from the living room glass walls.

View from the living room glass walls.

The master bedroom.

The master bedroom.

Master bedroom fountains.

Master bedroom fountains.

Dining room and kitchen.

Dining room and kitchen.

Coming down from the house was a drive way and a steep path into a hiking trail down the mountain. There we found many outdoor activities to take part in. There was a trampoline and basketball hoop just outside the house and we took photos of me in mid-air. We then toured ourselves around the property and found an amazing pool on the very edge of the cliff that looked out into the mountains. Unfortunately it was the middle of winter and it was about 2 degrees at the hottest because we were on top of a very very cold mountain, so we didn’t dare step foot into the pool, as it was likely that we would get hypothermia. We also found a table tennis table and spent every spare minute having mini tournaments with my Dad. But there were plenty of other things to do, we hiked a short distance down the extremely steep path (it was almost vertical and impossible get back up!) and went nocturnal wildlife watching in the evening.

My action pose on the trampoline.

My action pose on the trampoline.

The beautiful flora.

The beautiful flora.

The pool.

:)

🙂

climbing a tree house with Dad.

Climbing a tree house with Dad.

I had the most amazing time in Seidler house and it is a memory that I will never forget.

Easter 2015- Touring of Orange (the place), Dubbo Zoo and Wolgan Valley.

During the Easter holiday my family went on a one-day road trip to Orange (the town not the fruit) we stayed in a hotel/small resort for Easter and I went egg hunting there also.

Easter egg hunting! 🍫

Easter egg hunting! 🍫

🐰🐇

🐰🐇

Next we stayed at Dubbo Zoo for one night. This was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. We were right in front of the big landscape of the most amazing giraffes. They were so friendly and didn’t mind the extra human company. We stayed in a little glamping hut.

We had personal encounters with many animals as we went on educational animal tours morning and night. I even got up close and personal with a very friendly giraffe that decided that he would gladly take a branch from me. It was very private encounter and only my Dad and I were there, as Mum was still getting ready! The giraffe was freakishly strong and nearly pulled my arm out of its socket. But he took food from me nevertheless and made this trip one of the most memorable I have ever had!

Feeding the giraffes with Dad!

Up close with a giraffe. 😮

Up close with a giraffe. 😮

Feeding the giraffe.

Feeding the giraffe.

The view from our room.

The view from our room.

Giraffe.

Giraffe.

Asian elephants 🐘 They weren't in captivity all animals in Dubbo zoo have a vast amount of freedom, this was the elephant sleeping chamber.

Asian elephants 🐘 They weren’t in captivity all animals in Dubbo zoo have a vast amount of freedom, this was the elephant sleeping chamber.

🐘The elephants responded to sounds and we saw drawings and art they made.

Gorgeous lemars🐒

Gorgeous lemars🐒

A beautiful and graceful leopard.🐆

A beautiful and graceful leopard.🐆

We toured around all the animal enclosures and learned about them.

Finally we went and stayed 5 nights in Wolgan Valley, a beautiful country resort in Wolgan Valley. This resort was also associated with animals.

They had an amazingly clean stable with the most beautiful horses will the rarest and kindest personalities. Every single day I went horse riding and enjoyed learning and riding the most beautiful horses I had ever seen. I enjoyed it so much that collectively as a family we decided to invest in a horse for my riding benefits and the experience of owning a horse. At the end of the stay Mum and I went on a 2 hour-long ride on the most breath-taking trail through Wolgan Valley. Poor mum struggled to walk after 2 hours on horseback but I couldn’t stop smiling. I had the time of my life and asked so many questions my head nearly exploded!

Me saddling Tricky the horse.🐎

Me saddling Joker the horse.🐎

Bonding with the horses.

Feeding time! Every day Dad and I went to the organic gardens and picked carrots for the horses!

I had so many fond memories and photos from that trip that I will treasure forever!

Spring Holidays 2015- Fiji

My most recent holiday/favourite memory was in the spring holidays about 4 weeks ago.

We took 2 planes to Fiji spending one night in a transit hotel. This is our 3rd time at the same resort and the reason why we always come back is the openness and friendliness of the locals and staff at the resort. We stayed at Jean-Michel Cousteau resort for 7 nights and actually met the real Jean Michel and had a conversation about his life and why he took up marine biology.

The views of the island and the resort were absolutely picturesque and second to none. Every day there were new activities for teens, children and adults and of course there was a table tennis table in the resort and I spent time with Mum, Dad and kids in the kids club playing mini tournaments. I partook in as many as the activities as possible but made sure to leave time for unwinding and relaxing. The resort was very safe so I was able to roam around as I pleased and enjoyed smoothies and milkshakes at restaurant.

The eating place and some of the resort!

Our Bure.

Our Bure.

We made regular video logs! Dad enjoyed being camerman.

We made regular video logs! Dad enjoyed being cameraman.

Views💜

Views💜

On our trip to the private island just off the coast of the resort.

The water was warm!

The water was warm!

A hypnotic view takes your breath away with every blink.

There were hermit crabs everywhere and we went hermit crab hunting/ looking for crabs!

Family photo on the private picnic island.

Paradise

As you can see from the photos I got my whole head braided. I had about 42 braids in my head and there were 3 beads on each braid so I had about 126 beads attached to the back of my head!

I also had my Scuba diving orientation there and had my first open water dive! We went to a beautiful location and as I was diving it looked like an underwater city. I was understandably nervous for my first actual dive because there is an exceptionally large number of risks that you take when scuba diving. But luckily I had a very calm trainer and my dad who were right beside me the whole time.   IMG_0013

After staying Jean Michel Cousteau resort we went to the intercontinental on the mainland. We stayed in a lovely apartment style room that included an outdoor bath!(there were privacy screens)

We had the most amazing time in Fiji. It was a great way to relax and isolate our minds from work, school and the busy year and to relax and prepare our minds for term 4, Christmas and the New Year ahead.

Fiji was PARADISE!

Fiji was PARADISE!

Underneath the beautiful tree house on a tire swing.

I really enjoyed writing about my holidays and more importantly being on them!J I hope you enjoyed my pictures and videos.

All my pictures were taken by my family and are copyright.

That’s all for now!

-Anjali