Student Blogging Challenge Week 1: My online personality  

This term I will be partaking in the student blogging challenge. This program encourages students from around the globe to be more active in their blogging and to explore the different ways you can further your knowledge and interest in blogging.

This week’s first activity is to distinguish your online personality from your real personality. How are you different?

Online I’m cautious about what I actually show about my real personality because I don’t want personal information leaking into the web. I don’t tend to express myself as much as I do in real life. I enjoy making videos and it helps me express myself to the world but sometimes I prefer to be a bit more conservative with my information.

In real life I am a loud and bubbly girl when it comes to socializing and hanging with friends. I like to be out-going and social and try to make new friends all the time. I am not shy but I refrain from talking to people I don’t know and feel uncomfortable around. When I am doing school tasks I try to be more focused and sensible, when I’m with my friends I get easily distracted. That’s why sometimes I work better alone!

My blog Avatar

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 2.56.00 pm

I chose this avatar to represent me because it shows my wild personality and the different character traits that come with my personality.

Until next week.

-Anjali

7 thoughts on “Student Blogging Challenge Week 1: My online personality  

1. Miss W. says:

G’day Anjali,
    A great description of the differences in your online and offline personality. That avatar site can certainly allow you lots of variation either human or animal or a combination of both.

• anjalim21 says:

Hi Mrs W,
      Thank you for replying to my post. I had a lot of fun making my avatar and going crazy with different animal body parts. I also enjoyed reflecting on how I behave differently online than I do in day to day life.
      Thank you for your comment!

Happy Blogging!
      -Anjali

2. Mrs Miller says:

I am so pleased you have decided to take part in The Student Blogging Challenge Anjali. I am sure you will learn new blogging skills, as well as be a great example of an excellent blogger to other students, who might be new to student blogging. I love the way you have identified the differences between your online persona and your real self.

Mrs Miller

3. Zsofia Bren Markus says:

Hi,
    I’m Zsofi, I am from New York. I really like how you did not just write about what you liked and really wrote about why you chose that avatar; I thought that made it more interesting. I definitely agree with you that I would never want too much information out on the internet. But I tend to write in the same fashion as I talk, so people can know what I am like. At the same time, I make sure I do not put too much information out there.
    Here is her site if you could check it out.
    Best,
    Zsofia (Zsofia is my full name and Zsofi is my nick name)